8 May 2008

Random Things

What makes me happy at the moment?
  1. Moonlight - an American supernatural television drama created by Ron Koslow and Trevor Munson, who also serve as executive producers alongside Joel Silver, Gerard Bocaccio and Rod Holcomb. The show is a paranormal romance series that follows a private investigator, Mick St. John (Alex O'Loughlin), whose bride, Coraline (Shannyn Sossamon), turned him into a vampire on the couple's wedding night 55 years prior; he struggles in the present day with his love for a mortal woman, Beth Turner (Sophia Myles), and his dealings with other vampires in the city. --Wikipedia

    Do you now see why I adore it? So we don't have cable, but thanks to RPN 9 I get to see it on Fridays. You should see it too, it's interesting. It's a bit different from Twilight though, but the whole vampire-fell-in-love-with-a-mortal essence is there. Good enough, right?
  2. Chuck - an American action-comedy television program created by Josh Schwartz and Chris Fedak. The series is about an "average computer-whiz-next-door" who receives an encoded e-mail from an old college friend now working in the CIA; the message embeds the only remaining copy of the world's greatest spy secrets into Chuck's brain. -- Wikipedia

    Maybe I'm such a freak for these odd-storied TV shows but who cares? I was born deprived from the gloriousness of cable channels so don't expect me just ignoring CS. And besides, I'm such a sucker for CSI-ish shows (Although this one clearly isn't).
  3. The Virgins - let me tell you something: it was already love when I first heard their songs. They're a band based in New York (YES YES YES, NEW YORK!) who played a mix of new wave, R&B, soul, post-punk, and probably a little bit of everything else. I would have compared them to Klaxons (which I love as well), The Strokes, The Kooks, The Arctic Monkeys, The Kills, The Shins and a lot of other bands that start with The. They have a Brit-punk feel, obviously. But honestly, you should try and listen to them. They're good. I found them in MySpace while randomly opening music profiles. And they so don't remind me of Metro Station. Ugh. I'm not being a prejudice here, it's probably because Trace Cyrus is Miley Cyrus' brother and they're completely opposites (physically). And besides, I'm not exactly a fan of ms. Hanna Montana. No, not at all. What an awful way to end this paragraph for such a good band.
  4. Tote Bags (in general) - but I'm specifically loving my TopShop shopper bag as they call it. Although I must say that it's not really a great buy at PhP495 when I can buy something cheaper. But I really like it. And I can't just let it pass. And this totally inspired me on my up and coming passion. Meaning, I'm going to produce my own. Might as well make use of this sewing skill of mine. To think that my mother is very supportive with my idea. And we have tons of canvases here at home! Ugh, I had no idea that I could actually use them. And my mother was thinking of producing bags as well. Wow, I'm going to come in handy! It's better than not doing anything about my newly-acquired talent (sewing, which I learned last July07. Okay so not-so-new talent). I'm really thrilled of selling my own products.. FINALLY SELLING MY OWN! Do you know how frustrating it is for myself? I can't just style for Aki forever. But don't get me wrong here, I love styling for Aki.
  5. Green Eye Shadow - absolutely perfect for brightening up any day! Literally, any day! I've been sporting this lately. Since I feel unpretty to the extremes lately. Maybe because my period is coming up. You know how a lady's skin breaks out (ZITS! Ack.) when she has or will be having her period? Yeah that way. I don't know how it is for you, but that's how it is for me. Not very nice, nah-uh. So the eye shadow is totally helping. As in, totally! And I'm so happy I bought an eye shadow palette from Penshoppe. Very cheap! And very handy too. I'm so lucky to have it. It's not much of a scene-stealer like blue. Now, now.. I don't have anything against blue, okay? Blue is very calm. But so is green!

Well that's it for now. I had tons of fun listing these random things. I don't really need a lot of random things to rant about since it's clearly hard to think of five. But I know more will come up. Probably tomorrow after going to UST. I might go. With my dad of course who is going to get his schedule for the upcoming semester. So we could also go and check the uniforms. Which, as I was informed, have to be dealt with, with a seamstress. All along I thought it was ready-made. Boo-hoo to that. Not too great, right? The hassle of having it made and all. I'm afraid to attend the first day with out a uniform. That might just be mortifying. What will my professor say? *worries*

A man is only as sick as his secrets. --Desperate Housewives

No comments: