21 Oct 2010

Dear Effy Stonem

(Sadly, I cannot post pictures since Blogger is on maintenance)

For today's agenda, my dad and I went to the mall to buy myself a pair of these nice harem pants I got infatuated with last Monday. They were gray and comfortable, but when I went back for them this afternoon, it felt like I didn't like them at all. And that's when I woke up, harem was never meant for me. I ended up not getting anything, sadly.

I wore a gray deep v-neck shirt, a black body-con skirt, some ripped stockings (the runs were unintentional), and my trusty black Chuck Taylors. My pink / white / orange Topshop shopper's bag accompanied me and added some color to my look. I swear, I have been in monotones since I could remember!

Anyway, I met up with my best friend, Dave, his boyfriend (well now, ex) Andrei and our friend Karla and Aaron. Actually I was with Karla first then the both of them. Moving on, after Karla left, I waited for Dave and Andrei in Kopiroti where I had a glass of their home made iced tea. When they finally arrived, I was showered (not really) with compliments on how they like my outfit, so and so which later on lead to Dave making me wear one of his fabulous, new Aldo boots. The moment I stood in one shoe (my other foot were in them Chucks), my best friend told me that my get-up was so Effy Stonem. And you have no idea how much I love Effy's style (and her)! Must I say that the boots definitely made my look better? I don't mean to sound narcissistic or anything along those lines but I am not kidding! Being told that I dressed like Effy is just great! Too great in fact that I can't wait to get my hands on a pair of sixteen-eyed Docs that I'm buying from a friend.

It was a really nice evening of catching up and laughter. It's not all the time that I get to be surrounded by fashion-inducing-and-loving friends! Well, I used to be back in 2007 but that's just a long time ago.

No comments: