19 Sept 2012

I Maed Dis

You don't need to be a chef or a culinary-arts graduate to be able to assemble something like this. I'm neither.

 It's a lazy Wednesday afternoon, and not to mention it's been raining a lot these past days. You know those times when you aren't doing anything and then you start raiding the fridge to find something to eat? Then you realize that you're bored, not exactly hungry. Today was just like that. Except my mom actually asked me to cook the beef, and I was in the mood for some Mexican (one of my favorites). I specifically asked her to buy ingredients to make a good amount of Burritos but she's always preferred tacos / nachos. Sometimes parents are just always so stubborn.

Anyway! This is the dish that I came up with: Open beef tacos topped with two kinds of cheese and hash brown on the side. I have to be honest with you guys, plating isn't really my forte as you can see.


You will need:
Taco shells / Nacho chips (They're pretty much the same thing)
Cooking oil
Onions (red and white)
Garlic
Ground beef
Water
Oregano
Red bell pepper
Tomatoes
Parsley (I didn't have any so I used basil instead)
Nacho cheese and cream cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste

What you have to do:

  1. Heat about two tablespoons of oil in a pan.
  2. Once it's hot enough, put in the chopped onion and garlic. Saute until the onion is transparent. Be careful not to burn the garlic!
  3. Add in the red bell pepper that's cut into small cubes.
  4. When you start smelling the red bell pepper (don't ask me how it smells like, you'll know when you're already at it), put in the ground beef and mix it.
  5. Add about 1/4 cup of water and then mix it some more so the beef will come undone (I have no idea how to explain it), add a pinch of salt and pepper let it simmer and wait until the water dries out.
  6. While you're waiting for that, you can start chopping up the tomatoes and onions into little cubes.
  7. On a different pan, fry the brownies until golden brown. Make sure that the oil's very hot but not burnt.
  8. As for the chips, put it in a microwavable plate and top it with the nacho cheese and cream cheese. Pop it in the microwave for about forty seconds or until the cheese melts.
  9. Once your beef is dried up (but still juicy enough), it's good to go!
  10. Assemble!

I'm no food blogger, but it's really fun to talk about food every once in a while.

PS.
I pretty much eyeballed the ingredients so there aren't any specific measurements.

No comments: