30 Sept 2010

Another Sleepless Night

I don't know how much I've been expounding on the fact how being a Fine Arts student is hard in this blog. But right now, I'm going to tell you again that it's not a piece of cake. My body clock has changed drastically ever since my first year and the only time I get it back to normal is during vacation. Normal meaning being able to sleep at night and be up all day. Yes, that's it. Being nocturnal isn't really my cup of tea but if it means that I get to submit my plates on time then I'm very much willing to bear with it. Just like tonight / this morning.

If you're wondering what I've been busy with for the past - say, six hours.. then I'd honestly tell you that I have been trying to finish two paintings. They're not really big ones or anything but they sure are a lot of work! For example, the first painting was actually due last week but there weren't any classes, and the second painting is due tomorrow (or later, rather). So basically, they're both to be submitted on the same day.. which is just.. BLAH. I've been working on plate number one since last week (done with it now) and I just sort of started with plate number two. My (personal) deadline is at nine this morning so I can prepare for the rest of my day.

Unlike other people, I don't need any sort of energy drink to keep me up but I'd probably need one when I leave the house to fight the urge of falling asleep. I'm reserving all that for Thursday night which I will be spending with my dad.

On the bright side, I'm pretty stoked to sleep over at my dad's place. I haven't seen him for more than a week and I miss him a lot. So I'm sure it's going to be a great weekend for me. I'm just wondering what stuff I should bring and how on earth am I going to commute with a bunch of stuff with me. I guess we'll just have to see, then?


P.S.
Happy fiftieth anniversary to The Flinstones!

No comments: