7 Aug 2011

Georgina x Mary Nicole

Yesterday marked the end of my sleepless nights (not really, but I'm hoping). I was finally able to submit my painting which I made using oil on canvas. I'm really happy about the painting even if I wasn't able to give her tattoos - oh, and just in case it isn't obvious yet, I named her (the painting) Georgina. Yeah, after the extremely gorgeous, Georgina Wilson. Even if she looks nothing like her. I actually made my friend, Ish Manuel my peg but it didn't look anything like her.

My peg for the painting is actually a friend of mine (Ish). I was also supposed to name it after her but since I had no idea what her real name was, I consulted my dear blockmates and "Georgina" is what I got.

Evidence.

Other than this, I had another entry for the Digital Fine Arts division but sadly, I wasn't able to submit it due to some annoying circumstances - my files got corrupted. Major bummer, I know. I spent all night working on it only to find out the following day that my efforts have been put to waste.


Inspired by one of my close friends, Mary Nicole (hence, the title of the artwork).

* * *

If you must know, this blog entry has been sitting around my drafts for weeks! But then I was blog-hopping so I got inspired. I have no idea how pro-bloggers do it. It's quite inspiring, though.

No comments: