31 Dec 2012

Back Track

Maybe it's the holiday season, or the cold air I've been breathing the past twenty-four hours or so, or probably my craving for some Amaretto Sour or gin (I need to take my mind off it). But I'm suddenly in the mood to write.

What, you think I'm going to let the last day of 2012 slip through my fingers just like that without even a blog post? You're wrong. Because here I am, typing away in my mother's laptop. Trying to come up with something witty to say just so I can impress y'all with my big words. But not really. A year from now, when I read this entry I'd probably end up saying "What the hell was I thinking?!". The same thing I say-slash-ask after a drunken night. So to the next-year-me: shut up.

Twenty-twelve has been pretty okay. Honestly I don't remember much about it. Everything felt like a blur. The first couple of months felt like a routine: I wake up, get dressed, then just do something random with my friends like eat and then go home. Except for that time when all of my batch mates were in tears, writing on each other's uniforms about how much they'd miss them yadda yadda - they were all busy graduating: shopping for nice dresses and heels, getting their hair done and doing their make up; while I still had two semesters ahead of me. It's okay though 'cause this year wasn't so bad. The last quarter has got to be the best, though. So I'll write about that!


In October, I was persuaded by a friend to try and submit my CV to Styles Entertainment since they were looking for marketing interns, the same night I bagged myself an interview. After said interview, I didn't think I'd get the job since I practically know nothing about the company. But they still got me! That's one.


November rolled by and... well I don't remember much about it. But my friends and I had this super random trip to Tagaytay and I somewhat ended up in TEF (Tagaytay Electronica Festival) wherein I didn't plan on going to at all! Got drunk. The following week was Karla's birthday party which I could never miss for the world. That was an awesome night. I was drunk then, too.


And then there's December. And oh boy, did I love December. I really do! Lately I've been going out with friends, meeting new people and basically just having the time of my life. This is probably one of the things that I wasn't able to fully enjoy when I was in my teens. Maybe I'm just making up for it? Christmas was exceptional, I got to spend it with my family - complete family. That was really nice. And now it's the last day of twenty-twelve. Time to get drunk on cheap wine. ;)

No comments: