6 Jun 2013

It's a Girl Thing

Assuming that most of the people who visit my blog are girls / ladies / women, here is a post that may (or may not be) interesting for you.

The other day, I was on the phone with David, talking about random stuff like we always do, when all of a sudden, I caught a glimpse of my desk and how messy it was. Yes, I'm that kind of girl who has a messy room, but I know where things are placed. It also happens that I was semi-arranging my make up kit and realized how much make up I own - most of them I barely use anymore. So I decided to do a blog post on my make up! Yay (nay?)!

Say hello to my messy table.

Most of my make up. The ones that I use, at least.

My cheap yet nice make up brushes.


L-R: Celeteque Facial Moisturizer, Sunplay Sunblock with SPF50+ PA+++

Before applying my make up, I make sure that I apply sunblock first, AND THEN my moisturizer after 10-15 minutes when your skin has already absorbed the sunblock (after I wash my face, of course). Now, I'm no beauty guru but my friends (who are into skincare) advised that I wear sunblock all the time because the sun's UV rays can cause early signs of aging AKA wrinkles! What I really like about Sunplay is that it doesn't give me that sticky feeling unlike other sunblocks since it's water-based. Same with Celeteque, since I'm quite a budget-conscious person, I chose a drugstore brand with good reviews. Of the product has to be compatible with your skin.

L-R: Maybelline Pure Liquid Mineral Foundation, Smashbox Face Primer, The Face Shop Clean Face Oil-Free BB Cream, Etude House Surprise Stick Concealer

Next is what I put on my face after I apply sunblock and moisturizer. The Maybelline Pure Liquid Mineral Foundation as I have found out, is good for dry to normal skin. It also has yellow undertones so it's good at evening out reddish skin tones. The second one is the Smashbox Face Primer in a cute tester bottle! Applying primer is a must if you're going on a night out and want your make up to stay in place. This is a particularly good one since it's Smashbox after all!

Now, the next two products that I'm about to talk about are my absolute favorites - my ultimate essentials: first: The Face Shop Clean Face Oil-Free BB Cream. It's not like other BB Creams that leave your face with a shiny finish, this one not only evens out your complexion, and it doesn't feel heavy to the face at all! Not to mention, it smells so good. The second one is Etude House's Surprise Stick Concealer - this works like magic, I swear! Perfect for hiding your imperfections, it also blends very well. I think Korean products work well with my skin type. I'm super obsessed with them!

Benefit's Powderazzi (LL: Dallas; UL: Coralista; UR: Hula)

I'm so glad that I found this product. Hula is the perfect shade for all my contouring needs! Take note that properly contouring your face gives it the illusion that it's slimmer and more angular. Just make sure that the color of the bronzer that you're using matches your skin tone - I mean this in a way that it should look natural when you apply it, as if there's really a shadow underneath your cheekbones, or your jawline, or your temples, etc.

L-R: Lip Ice by Mentholatum, Baby Lips by Maybelline

The thing that I like about Lip Ice is that I don't even have to apply lipstick anymore so I don't look pale since it already has these frosted, pink glittery things in it which is actually quite amazing! Maybelline's Baby Lips is cool - literally. And I swear, it's true to its name - it really makes your lips soft.

L-R: M.A.C. Speak Louder, M.A.C. Pink Nouveau

Has M.A.C. ever failed you?.. I thought so. These are my ultimate go-to lipsticks. Speak Louder on regular days, and Pink Nouveau when I want to spruce up my simple make up, or for nights out.

Sephora Custom Palette

Remember this one? My mom got this for me as a present for my 21st birthday. It came with this huge ass palette with quite a number of shades (See photo above) and these neutral ones are my absolute favorite! Notice how I'm almost running out of the second shade (first and second row)? Well here's a little confession - I spend about five minutes of my overall make up routine on my eyebrows and that is just the perfect shade to use! What am I going to do with out it? I cannot go out of the house without fixing my eyebrows - I think that I can do without everything else (Except for the BB Cream and Concealer) but not my eyebrows. Eyebrows frame your face, and to me they're extremely important!

L-R: Maybelline Pulse Perfection Mascara, Maybelline Hyper Curl Volume Mascara

Okay, you caught me. I own mostly Maybelline products. You wanna know why? Because they're cheap, and they aren't so bad. Why spend thousands on things that will expire eventually? That's just my opinion of course. Anyway, the mascara on the left was gifted to me by my beloved friend, Eunice. This thing is one-of-a-kind, I tell you! Wanna know why? It's because it's vibrates. Yes, I'm serious. The pulsating action prevents clumping and it gives you thicker and fuller looking lashes. The Hyper Curl Volume Mascara, however gives you a more subtle effect. Good for going out during the day.

So there you go!

But before I end this post, I would just like to clarify that no, I'm no beauty guru / expert. I'm just a girl who likes to take care of her skin but not to the extreme. And no, this is not a product(s) review. Just me, showing you my humble make up collection - if you could call it that.

No comments: